The ATS is pleased to announce that it is currently accepting applications for its Student Scholars Program. The 2017 Student Scholars Program will allow 50 medical students, graduate students, and nursing students to attend the ATS 2017 International Conference in Washington, DC. To apply, please visit http://conference-dev.thoracic.org/program/early-career-professionals/student-scholars-application.php.
Applicants MUST :
- Be enrolled in an accredited medical, graduate, or nursing school.
- Have an interest in learning more about a career in adult or pediatric pulmonary, critical care, or sleep medicine.
The Student Scholars Program will
- Provide students with exposure to the excitement of the scientific, translational, and clinical information presented at the ATS 2017 International Conference.
- Offer a compelling series of reasons for students to consider applying to an adult or pediatric pulmonary, critical care, and sleep fellowship program after their residency.
- Up to 50 medical, graduate, and nursing students will be accepted and offered free registration to the International Conference.
- Local students preferred (Metro DC area) —no travel stipends will be offered.
- Criteria for selection will be determined on a school-by-school basis by the dean; finalist names will be sent to ATS for confirmation.
- Registration will take place through normal ATS Conference Registration (CDS) using a promotion code and the code will be distributed by ATS staff upon receipt of participant names.
- Students will be given a brief orientation by an ATS Members in Transition and Training (MITT) Committee member prior to the Networking Exchange for Early Career Professionals on Saturday, May 20, 2017.
- Students are also welcome to attend key conference activities, including the ATS Public Advisory Roundtable’s Meet-the-Experts Patient and Family Forum, the Center for Career Development, and the Opening Ceremony and President’s Symposium.