To apply, please visit http://conference.thoracic.org/program/early-career-professionals/resident-boot-camp-application.php
The ATS is excited to announce the 2017 Resident Boot Camp at the ATS 2017 International Conference on Friday, May 19 and Saturday, May 20 in Washington, DC.
The Boot Camp is a two-day course for third- and fourth-year internal medicine and pediatric residents (as well as chief residents and hospitalists) who have matched into an adult or pediatric pulmonary and critical care fellowship program for July 2017. The Boot Camp will provide residents with knowledge and practical skills.Registration will be a randomized lottery. Registration will close February 15, 2017.
If you have questions about criteria or eligibility, please email Lauren Lynch, director of education programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-315-8698.
The Boot Camp is a two-day course for internal medicine and pediatric residents (as well as chief residents and hospitalists) who matched into a fellowship program for the following year. The course includes large group lectures, small breakout sessions and hands-on, skill-based workshops. The course focuses on topics and procedures that internal medicine and pediatric residents may have had little, if any, but which are essential to success as a first-year fellow.
- The Resident Boot Camp will provide training for residents who have matched with a pulmonary or critical care fellowship program.
- The two-day course will provide hands-on training and skills that fellows can use immediately in their fellowship. The emphasis will be placed on bronchoscopy, thoracic and vascular ultrasound, and airway management.
- The Boot Camp will support an adult and pediatric course track.
- Participants will obtain an early understanding of available career pathways after fellowship, and receive advice on how to flourish by finding the best mentor and getting involved in ATS.
- As part of the registration process, attendees will take a pre-test to assess their knowledge, enabling faculty members to customize the program to specifically address weaknesses or gaps in learning.
Participation in the ATS Resident Boot Camp allows residents to:
- Acquire knowledge of basic techniques and principles of mechanical ventilation, airway management, and bronchoscopy (indications, techniques, and limitations).
- Attain skills in vascular, thoracic, and pleural ultrasound image acquisition for ultrasound-guided procedures and diagnosis (pneumothorax, thoracentesis, line placement, right ventricular dilation/dysfunction, volume status).
- Improve their knowledge base in cardiopulmonary physiology.
- Develop strategies to successfully manage common clinical emergencies encountered as a fellow.
The 2017 Boot Camp is being organized by:
- Brendan Clark, MD, MS- Course Chair
- Geoffrey Connors, MD
- Edith Zemanick, MD- Peds Track Chair
- Laura Crotty Alexander, MD
- Kristin Burkart, MD, MSc
- Patrick Kritek, MD, EdM
- Jennifer Ingram, PhD
- Samir Makani, MD
Full agendas (adult and pediatric) will be available in early 2017.
Am I Eligible and How Do I Apply?This course is for internal medicine and pediatric residents (U.S. and international) who have been accepted into a pulmonary or critical care fellowship program beginning July 2017.
- Registration into this course will be a randomized lottery.
- If you have questions about criteria or eligibility, please email Lauren Lynch, director of education programs, at email@example.com or call 212-315-8698.