REVISED EFFECTIVE MARCH 2017:
1. PLEASE NOTE: The following important changes concern the CME-accredited sessions at the International Conference for which presenters must upload their PowerPoint presentations through the PSAV website or Speaker Ready Room. They do not apply to Sunrise, Meet the Professor and Thematic Seminar Series, Medical Education and Faculty Development Seminars speakers, who must bring their presentations to their meeting room, and must still personally produce and display a disclosure slide using the “Faculty Disclosure Slide Templates” available at http://conference.thoracic.org/speakers/index.php.
2. For the first time ATS will automatically produce for presenters in International Conference CME sessions a slide that will be shown at the start of your presentation to meet the requirements of the ACCME (Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education) to disclose to learners (session audience) all commercial interests that are relevant to your presentation subject matter. This will require you to answer a few questions online prior to uploading your slides in advance of the conference. You will not be allowed to submit your slides without this disclosure.
You will be asked to enter all relevant commercial interests by listing:
- The Company Name (or the name of a relevant Intellectual Property of yours if not yet sold or licensed to a particular company);
- The Type(s) of Relationship(s) with that company (e.g. Research Support – see ATS categories below), and for each relationship whether it is “Active” or “Past”, or is “Expected.”
- Please use the following ATS categories to identify Type of Relationship with this company: Advisory Committee; Consultant; Owner or Director (member of company Board of Directors); DSMB (member of data safety monitoring board); Employee; Expert Testimony; Intellectual Property (e.g., a patent or copyright); Research Support; Speaker; Stocks or Options held (exclude general mutual funds); Other (please identify).