- Session Information
- Program Itinerary
- Prior Publication and Embargo Policies
- ePosters of Original Research
- Early Career Professionals
- Maintenance of Certification
- CME and Nursing CE
- 2017 Rare Lung Disease Guide
- Non-CME Symposia
- Assembly Events
- ATS Capitol Hill Day 2017
- Diversity Forum
- Foundation Research Program Benefit
- Respiratory Health Awards
- Opening Ceremony
- Plenary Session
- Women's Forum
- ATS-APCCMD-PEPTDA Forum
- Non-CME Symposia
- Industry Theaters
- Practical Workshops
- Guru Bars
- International Poster Sessions
- ATS Rally at the US Capitol: Lab Coats for Lungs
- 2017 Respiratory Health Awardees
- Enduring Materials
- Call for Input
- Call for Abstracts
- Call for Late Breaking Abstracts
- Past Abstract/Program Search
- ATS Store
- Conference Learning
- 2017 Respiratory Health Awards Nominations (Closed)
Registration for this session is now closed.
Meet your Congressional Delegation in DC!
Tuesday, May 23, 7:30 – 11:45 a.m.
The ATS will provide U.S. ATS members with the opportunity to meet with offices of their Congressional delegation to advocate for respiratory health. Participants should arrive at 7:30 a.m. SHARP for an advocacy training and briefing on issues that ATS members will advocate for such as; research funding, tobacco control, and clean air. Following the morning briefing, members will take a bus from the Washington D.C. Convention Center to Capitol Hill where they will have scheduled meetings with their members of Congress or their staff. After meetings have ended, members will return to the ATS conference via metro or taxi.
Registered members will be sent legislative issue information in advance via email and additionally, ATS DC office staff will hold conference calls with registrants in advance of the ATS International Conference. ATS members from the same state will be placed together on teams. Where possible, ATS members will be teamed with other ATS members who have experience in meeting with members of Congress.
A light breakfast will be served at the opening briefing.
Open to US ATS members only.
For more information, please contact Folasade Pyne at email@example.com.